Saturday, June 11, 2016

Walled City, Migraines and Dreams

Today is Saturday, so after a long week of stone carving we took a break to take a day trip to Lucca. Lucca is a walled city about the same size as Pisa. We got to see a nice mix of Roman, Medieval, and Napoleonic art and architecture. Afterwards, we had some free time so two other girls and myself went around a lot of the shops. They each bought like 15 things and I got a nice pair of earrings that look like robin eggs.

Unfortunately, part of the way through our time in Lucca I started to get a headache, and by the time we got back to the hotel I was very sick with a migraine and swollen stomach. We think it was caused by one or a mix of: dehydration (I was drinking water, but probably not as much as I should have due to the fact that a bottle of water costs 2 euro, and going to the bathroom means either buying something in a restaurant or paying 60 cents to use the ONE public restroom in Lucca), seasickness (from the bumpy car ride back to the hotel), pressure changes caused by altitude, or lunch containing something that made me sick. Although I am certainly going to skip dinner, I am at least starting to feel better after a few hours back at the hotel.

Also, sorry for no pics of Lucca. I did take several, but it takes some time to upload, select, and resize the images, and I just don’t feel up to that right now.

In addition, internet is still in a tenuous state at the hotel, so don’t be surprised if I don’t update as often.

On a funnier note, because of the rich meals we have been eating before going to bed, many in the group have been having very memorable and strange dreams. Here’s mine from last night:
I was in my high school, except my high school was in space, and we had to evacuate to one of the rooms because there was some sort of outbreak or attack or something. Anyway, the important thing is I had my cat, Candle, with me. But then he split into 3 smaller Candles. And he kept splitting and splitting until he was a bunch of spaghetti-strand shaped Candles (who were all riggling and meowing and very much alive), that I had to carry in my arms to go wherever I needed to go to get away from whatever the problem was. I remember thinking I hoped he would merge back into one cat soon, because it was very difficult to carry him as a bunch of spaghetti strands (although he might not have been sure how to merge back).

What I take from this dream is that I miss my cat and I have been seeing a lot of spaghetti recently. What is your interpretation?

No comments:

Post a Comment